Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, panchratna dal/ chevti dal. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Learn how to make Dal Panchmel an authentic dal recipe with The Bombay Chef Varun Inamdar. Panchratna Dal is a dal very popular in India. As the name suggests, it is made by combining five kinds of dal common to Indian households.
Panchratna Dal/ Chevti Dal is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Panchratna Dal/ Chevti Dal is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook panchratna dal/ chevti dal using 22 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Panchratna Dal/ Chevti Dal:
- Take mixed dal washed and soaked 30 minutes
- Take water
- Make ready large onion chopped
- Take large tomato chopped
- Make ready ginger garlic paste
- Make ready chopped garlic
- Take large bay leaf
- Prepare cinnamon sticks
- Prepare whole red chillies
- Prepare chopped green chillies
- Make ready ground pepper
- Prepare turmeric powder
- Prepare red chilli powder
- Get rajwadi masala
- Get salt
- Get mustard seeds
- Take cumin seeds
- Prepare asafoetida
- Make ready lemon
- Get curry leaves
- Prepare spring onions chopped
- Prepare ghee
Panchmel Dal Recipe – This is Rajasthani dal recipe which is also known as Panchratna dal. If you literally translate the dish name, panch meaning five and mel meaning mix. So this dal is made with mixture of five different dal vertities. Rajasthani food is my favorite since childhood, though I have not.
Instructions to make Panchratna Dal/ Chevti Dal:
- In a pressure cook add 3.5 cups of water with soaked mix dal. Add 0.5 tbsp of turmeric, 1 tbsp pepper and 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste. Cook for 4 whistles.
- In a large wok, heat 3 tbsp ghee. Add mustard seeds and cumin. Let it crackle. Add cinnamon, whole red chillies and bay leaf. Add a pinch of asafoetida. Stir well.
- Now add chopped garlic, green chillies and sliced onion. Saute till onion turns golden.
- Add chopped tomatoes. Saute till tomatoes turn mushy. Add all the spices and cook for a minute.
- Add boiled dal and mix well. Add salt. Mix well. Let it boil for 4-5 mins. Adjust desired consistency by adding water.
- Turn off heat. Squeeze lemon mix well. Garnish with chopped green onions. Serve with hot chapati or rice.
I have tried mixed dal in my Dal Baati recipe, this one is similar to that, but has few variations that makes it different. This dal can be made more healthier when you. Learn how to make Dal Panchmel an authentic dal recipe with The Bombay Chef Varun Inamdar. – Dal Panchmel is ready to be served! Director: Vaibhav Dhandha Camera: Kavaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Katariya, Akshay Durgule Editing: Ravi Varma Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy. The panchratna dal is a combination of five lentils and hence is rich in protein and is included as a part of a healthy diet.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food panchratna dal/ chevti dal recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com