Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, cajun red beans and rice. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Cajun Red Beans and Rice is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Cajun Red Beans and Rice is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
Bring Some New Orleans Flavor To Your Cooking With Zatarain’s®. Order Red Beans And Rice online with same day delivery. Schedule delivery when it’s most convenient for you.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have cajun red beans and rice using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Cajun Red Beans and Rice:
- Make ready red beans
- Prepare Andouille or Kielbasa sausage, sliced into rounds
- Take bacon
- Make ready onion, chopped
- Take garlic, minced
- Get Cajun seasoning
- Take thyme
- Make ready ground sage
- Make ready bay leaf
- Get chicken broth
- Prepare vinegar (apple cider or red wine)
Water maybe added to make a saucy gravy. Red Beans and Rice is a classic Cajun comfort food recipe, with perfectly spiced beans simmered slowly in a pot with smoked andouille sausage, onions, bell peppers and celery, served up with rice for surprisingly complex flavor. Red Beans and Rice is a dish that needs a special place in your go-to recipe box. This BEST Red Beans and Rice Recipe is the Ultimate Cajun Favorite done right!
Steps to make Cajun Red Beans and Rice:
- Soak the beans overnight in water.
- With medium heat, heat oil in a large pot and fry the onions until transparent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and bacon, fry for another minute.
- Add sausage, red beans, Cajun seasoning, thyme, sage, bay leaf, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium low. Skim off the scum from the top. Let simmer for 1½ to 2 hours or until the beans are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in vinegar and mash beans slightly with a spoon. Serve over hot steamed rice.
Insanely flavorful kidney beans with a hint of spice and meaty essence are served over white rice for the perfect Southern creole recipe. Red Beans and Rice is as Cajun as white on rice. It just don’t get more Cajun! Red beans and rice was often a Thursday dish, because it was usually the day before payday (Friday) and folks were usually broke by then. Another train of thought has Monday being red beans and rice day as it was laundry day.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food cajun red beans and rice recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com