Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, greek style beef and pita sandwich. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Greek Style Beef and Pita Sandwich is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Greek Style Beef and Pita Sandwich is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
For a beef sandwich recipe that would give us similar flavors and textures to traditional gyros, even if they didn’t have the traditional appearance, we pan-fried ground beef patties flavored with oregano, onion, and minced garlic. Here’s another way to serve up those delicious whole wheat pitas we made in the previous episode. Make this easy Greek-Style Beef Pita Sandwiches recipe for a deliciously healthy meal.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have greek style beef and pita sandwich using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Greek Style Beef and Pita Sandwich:
- Get crispy coating
- Make ready 1 large egg
- Get 2 tbsp corn starch
- Get 1/2 tsp salt kosher
- Get 1/3 tsp ground black pepper
- Take 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- Take main
- Make ready 4 each pocketless Pita bread
- Prepare as needed sliced sweet onion
- Make ready as needed tomato, chopped
- Take as needed feta cheese
- Make ready as needed taziki sauce
- Make ready meat
- Prepare 3/4 lb Beef
- Take 1 1/2 tbsp Greek seasoning
You’re gonna need a bigger pita. Season thin-sliced Sirloin with lemon pepper and skillet-cook, then pile it into hummus-filled pita pockets and top with Combine beef and lemon pepper in medium bowl. Recipe courtesy of Beef Checkoff Program. Combine beef and lemon pepper in medium bowl.
Steps to make Greek Style Beef and Pita Sandwich:
- You can buy, or make your own tzatziki sauce, I happen to like this one https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/356322-tzatziki-sauce
- Slice your beef into nice strips for eating. I am using tenderized steaks here. I like a 1/4 inch square slice (give or take)
- Mix the cut beef with the Greek seasoning. Don’t use a heavy salt based seasoning or it may be to salty. This one has very little to no salt in it, and works great.
- Allow meat to sit for at least 30 minutes, up to 2 hours.
- Mix the first 5 ingredients (crispy coating) in a bowl large enough to hold the meat
- Put the meat in the bowl with the crispy coating, mix well
- Prep your sandwich fixings
- Add about 1/8 inch or so oil to a pan on medium to medium high heat. You want the oil to come up about 1/3 the way of your beef pieces.
- Place the meat strips in the pan, do not crowd them our they will stick together. Fry about 1 1/2 minutes, flip over, fry another 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- Remove cooked strips to a paper towel, cook the remaining in like method. Do not over cook beef, it will become tough, and hard to eat in a sandwich.
- I like to microwave my Pita bread about 30 seconds each, to warm and soften them.
- Assembly your sandwiches and enjoy.
Finding the original Greek pita can be quite challenging as most supermarkets stock only the arabian style ones but you can most likely find them at your Serve while still warm with some pita breads and tzatziki sauce. You can also serve the chicken souvlaki (skewers) wrapped, like a sandwich. Fresh fried falafel balls, pickled vegetables, herbs, greek yogurt, and a quick and easy lemon garlic tahini dressing are stuffed into a warm pita and drizzled. A twist on pita recipes, these Greek meatball pitas are fast, flavorful and delicious! The simple, homemade tzatziki sauce makes the pitas Today’s Greek meatball pitas are a worthy addition to the list.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food greek style beef and pita sandwich recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com