Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, south indian style- snake gourd with lentils. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
South Indian Style- Snake Gourd with Lentils is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look wonderful. South Indian Style- Snake Gourd with Lentils is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have south indian style- snake gourd with lentils using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make South Indian Style- Snake Gourd with Lentils:
- Get snake goard, peeled and chopped small
- Make ready chana dal, soaked for 30 minutes
- Prepare onion finely chopped
- Take chopped tomato (optional)
- Take green chillies
- Take Curry leaves
- Take chopped ginger
- Take mustard seeds
- Prepare asafoetida
- Take turmeric powder
- Make ready Salt
- Make ready coconut oil
- Get grinding:
- Prepare fresh grated coconut
- Get cumin seeds
- Get whole black pepper
- Make ready dry red chillies
- Prepare curry leaves
Instructions to make South Indian Style- Snake Gourd with Lentils:
- In a pan heat up 2 tbsp coconut oil, add mustard seeds when it splutter add asafoetida, chopped ginger, onion, green and curry leaves.
- Add chopped tomato.
- Fry just for a few minutes, soaked and drained chana dal. Cover and simmer.
- When dal is half cooked add turmeric powder and chopped snake gourds along with the salt. Cook on medium heat with the lid on.
- Grind the ingredients given for grinding into a fine paste.
- When snake gourd is cooked add the coconut-spice paste, mix well.
- Cook for another few minutes. Switch off the flame, drizzle remaining coconut oil on top.
- Ready to serve
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food south indian style- snake gourd with lentils recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com