Hello everybody, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, slow cook beef casserole. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Slow Cook Beef Casserole is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Slow Cook Beef Casserole is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have slow cook beef casserole using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Slow Cook Beef Casserole:
- Prepare 450 g beef chuck stewing – (cubed) / 16 oz .
- Get 450 g potato (cubed) / 16 oz .
- Prepare 250 g onion (sliced) / 9 oz .
- Make ready 250 g carrots (thick discs) / 9 oz .
- Get 175 g button mushrooms / 6 oz .
- Prepare 175 g celery (thick slices) / 6 oz .
- Take 100 g peas frozen / 3½ oz .
- Take 600 ml beef stock made from cubes / 20 fl . oz . 2
- Prepare 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- Prepare 1½ teaspoons thyme dried
- Make ready 2 bay leaves
- Prepare 1 tablespoon cornstarch cornflour /
- Make ready ½ teaspoon black pepper ground
- Make ready 100 g onion (chopped fine) / 3½ oz .
- Get 50 g carrot (chopped fine) / 2 oz .
- Make ready 50 g celery (chopped fine) / 2 oz .
- Prepare “ Spray2Cook ” (a word used to describe any low-cal. non-stick cook’s oil spray)
Steps to make Slow Cook Beef Casserole:
- Put the potato, onion, carrots and celery in a microwavable container with 4 tablespoons of water. Microwave for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile spray a wide based lidded pan with Spray2Cook and when the Spray2Cook is bubbling add the beef and stir and fry until browned all over.
- Add the microwaved vegetables and continue to cook with the lid on for 5 minutes. Add the stock (hot). Add the purée, thyme pepper, and bay leaves. Blend the cornstarch with a little water (adding slowly) and then add the blended cornstarch to the pan as it just starts to bubble.
- Turn the lidded pan down to a simmer or transfer to a slow cooker set at high until it again bubbles then turn down the slow cooker as needed – either way cook at a “bubbling” simmer for 4 hours.
- After 2 hours 45 minutes microwave the mirepoix vegetables with 4 tablespoons of the stock from the slow cooker for 4 minutes. Remove from the microwave, shake and add 2 tablespoons of water. Microwave for a further 4 minutes. Again remove from the microwave, shake and add 2 tablespoons of water. Microwave for a further 4 minutes.Blend the mirepoix vegetables with a hand blender to a paste and add together with the peas to the simmering casserole.
- Continue to simmer for the final hour of cooking time. Remove the bay leaves. Serve and enjoy.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food slow cook beef casserole recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com