Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, shepherd’s pie with sweet potatoes. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Shepherd’s pie with sweet potatoes is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Shepherd’s pie with sweet potatoes is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
This Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie recipe is healthy, easy to make, and so scrumptious. The perfect fall recipe and the ultimate comfort food that can be on your dinner table in no time. How to Make Vegan Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook shepherd’s pie with sweet potatoes using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherd’s pie with sweet potatoes:
- Get Vegetables
- Get 1 onion
- Get 1 1/2 cup celery
- Make ready 1 cup fennel
- Prepare 1 medium tomato
- Get 1 small zucchini
- Prepare 1 packages mushrooms
- Take Meat
- Make ready 1 lb ground beef
- Make ready 1/2 lb sausage
- Get 6 1/2 oz can tomato paste
- Make ready Topping
- Get 2 medium sweet potatoes, mashed
Shepherd’s pie filled with ground turkey sautéed with mixed vegetables, sliced mushrooms and fresh herbs with a savory garlic sweet potato topping. This sweet potato shepherd’s pie was inspired from my classic Lightened Up Shepherd’s Pie. Veggies, Chickpeas (or lentils), fresh herbs, herbed mashed sweet potato and a crusty garlic top. This savory pie just shot to the top in the running for the Vegan Thanksgiving entree.
Instructions to make Shepherd’s pie with sweet potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 350
- Peel sweet potatoes and cook in the microwave with one quarter cup of water until done
- Brown 1 pound ground beef, 1/2 pound sausage, 1 cup of fennel, 1 1/2 cup of celery, and 1 medium onion
- Season the meat mixture to taste
- Blend the sweet potatoes until smooth
- Cut up remaining vegetables including a summer squash 1 medium tomato and mushrooms
- Once the meat mixture is cooked to add the vegetables plus one 6 ounce can tomato paste to it
- Cover until heated through then transfer to a cake pan
- Bake uncovered in a 350°F oven for about 20 minutes then use the broiler to brown the top
- Let sit for about 5 minutes so the goodness congeals together
Meanwhile, peel the sweet potatoes and cut into chunks. Top tip for making Shepherd’s pie with sweet potato topping. This healthy recipe for shepherd’s pie with sweet potato topping is so tasty, it’s almost too good to be true. This easy paleo recipe is delicious and packed with tons of protein and This shepherd’s pie freezes really well, and makes the perfect weeknight meal when you don’t feel like cooking. For the mashed sweet potatoes: Scoop sweet potato flesh into a large bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food shepherd’s pie with sweet potatoes recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com