Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, cold rice salad with apples and cashews, indian-style. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Now Choose From Multiple Easy Cold Recipes To Create That Perfect Meal. Great recipe for Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style. I did measure things out this time but, of course, all proportions are a matter of taste, especially spices.
Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook cold rice salad with apples and cashews, indian-style using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style:
- Take 2 cups cooked rice
- Get 1 cup chopped apple
- Get 1/2 cup cashews, chopped
- Prepare 1/4 tsp crushed cardamom seeds (optional)
- Make ready 1/4 tsp coriander seeds
- Prepare 1/8 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- Get 1/8 tsp cumin seeds
- Get 1/2 tbs coconut oil
- Get 1/2 tbs turmeric powder
- Prepare 1 tbs chaat masala powder
- Make ready 1 tbs butter
- Take 1 tsp jaggery paste (brown sugar would also work)
- Prepare 1/4 of a medium red onion, finely diced
- Make ready 1/4 cup chopped mint
- Make ready to taste salt
- Make ready Yogurt (optional)
An easy side dish to take to picnics, potlucks or just enjoy at home is this recipe for cold Thai rice salad. This rice salad with cashews has a spicy. See great recipes for Cold rice salad with apples and toasted cashews, Western-style too! See recipes for Apple Salad With Yogurt too..
Instructions to make Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style:
- Heat coconut oil in a sauce pan over medium-high heat, then add the cardamom, cumin, coriander, and mustard, and bloom until fragrant, about 30 sec to a minute.
- Lower heat to low-medium, add in rice, then season to taste with salt. Add in turmeric and chaat masala, and mix. Heat for about five minutes, mixing often, then remove from heat.
- Peel and core the apple and cut into small chunks. Melt butter and stir in jaggery paste until dissolved, then add apples. Coat well and cook over medium-high heat until apples turn brown and tender but are still firm (3 to 5 mins).
- In a large bowl, mix together the rice, apples, chopped cashews, and diced onions. Refrigerate until cool.
- Just before serving, add mint and mix thoroughly. Serve as is or with yogurt on the side.
Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style.. Skinless Chicken Breasts, Mayo, Plain Greek Yogurt, Chopped Celery, Sea Salt, Grind Black Pepper, Fresh Thyme. Remove from heat In a large bowl, toss together the wild rice and bell pepper mixture. For the dressing; In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, olive and sesame oils, garlic, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the rice, apples, walnuts, celery, cranberries and juice.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food cold rice salad with apples and cashews, indian-style recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com