Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, quick and easy corn tortillas. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Making Homemade Corn Tortillas from scratch is EASY! They taste better than anything you can buy at the store. Nothing beats homemade tortillas made from scratch!
Quick and Easy Corn Tortillas is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Quick and Easy Corn Tortillas is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have quick and easy corn tortillas using 3 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Quick and Easy Corn Tortillas:
- Take 2 1/4 cups masa harina (nixtamalized corn meal), plus extra for rolling out
- Take 1 tsp salt
- Take 1 1/2 cups hot water
These are great for tacos, enchiladas or even flautas. At this point, I recommend doing a quick texture-check of the tortilla. Corn tortillas are made with just two ingredients: masa harina and water. Here’s how to make tortillas for the best-ever tacos!
Steps to make Quick and Easy Corn Tortillas:
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl
- Knead the dough until smooth, about 2 minutes. The dough should not be sticky, but also should not be too crumbly. Think the consistency of play dough.
- You can allow it to sit covered for half an hour for a better hydrated dough, or just move onto the tortilla making.
- Place a piece of parchment paper down on a clean, flat work surface. Sprinkle a handful of masa harina on the paper for each tortilla. Grab a fist sized ball of dough and place on paper.
- So, most recipes call for a tortilla press. I’m not making tortillas often enough to warrant the space or money spent on a tortilla pres. So find any object you can find the is approximately tortilla shaped and has a defined edge. Pictured is some cake thing I found at the local supermarket.
- Roll out the dough as thin as you can get it without breaking. This dough is pretty cool because if it does break you can just push together and it will patch right up. If you’re have trouble, grab a patch of dough from the outside, sprinkle on some water and roll out the patch. Using cylindrical cutter push down to cut.
- Remove excess dough and cook this tortilla over medium heat in a cast iron pan (about two minutes per side). Once you get in the groove, the total cook time of four minutes should allow you to roll out a new tortilla just in time for the old one to come out of the pan.
Fresh corn tortillas, where have you been my whole life? They are chewy, savory, and crispy-edged in all the best possible ways. These homemade corn tortillas are so, so, so easy to make and the result is soft, warm, and full of incredible flavor! Granted, I don’t have any kids so my idea of quick and easy may be a little distorted, but I feel like I just need to get the word out there that tortillas are nothing to fear! Corn tortillas are delicious; here’s how to prepare them.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food quick and easy corn tortillas recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com