Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, buttermilk sausage gravy. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Order Sausage Gravy online with same day delivery. Schedule delivery when it’s most convenient for you. Fresh Sausage, Bowls, Hash Browns & More Buttermilk Sausage Gravy A result of having too much buttermilk on hand and wanting to make sausage gravy with a new twist to us.
Buttermilk Sausage Gravy is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Buttermilk Sausage Gravy is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook buttermilk sausage gravy using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Buttermilk Sausage Gravy:
- Prepare 1 lb bulk breakfast sausage, your favorite variety
- Get 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Make ready 3 cup milk
- Prepare 1 cup buttermilk
- Prepare 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Make ready 1-1 1/2 tsp sea salt (start with 1/2 tsp and adjust to taste)
As a kid, Mom would make it and pour it over warm buttermilk biscuits. And while that’s my favorite way to enjoy it, I’ve been known to pour it over grits and scrambled eggs as well. Sausage gravy is incredibly classic to serve up with buttermilk biscuits and really easy to make. Start by cooking off your pork sausage and then remove it because you’ll need to make a roux with the rendered pork sausage fat.
Steps to make Buttermilk Sausage Gravy:
- Crumble and brown breakfast sausage in a large, deep sided saute pan over medium heat until brown and beginning to crisp. About 8 minutes. Remove sausage from pan to paper towel lined plate, leaving grease in pan.
- Whisk flour into sausage drippings to make a roux. Cook until golden, stirring constantly. About 3-4 minutes. This cooks out the raw flavor of the flour.
- Whisk milk and buttermilk into roux until well incorporated and no lumps remain, scraping up any bits sticking to the pan Increase heat to medium high. Bring gravy to a slow boil until it thickens slightly, whisking constantly. About 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Taste a piece of cooked sausage to gage its saltiness. Stir in sausage, pepper and salt to taste (usually 1/2-1tsp for me). Lightly simmer uncovered until you have a nice thick gravy, stirring often. About 10 minutes more.
- Serve over your favorite biscuits, toast, eggs, hash browns, heck just about anything! Lol! Enjoy!
I did add a pinch of cayenne and a pinch of sage and a few dashes of chalupe hot sauce. Biscuits and gravy is a classic diner breakfast that’s easy to make at home. While they bake, brown your breakfast sausage, then stir in flour and milk to make a creamy gravy. Buttermilk Biscuits With Chorizo Cream Gravy If memory serves, this recipe, like so many of my recipes, was the result of a Fridge Cleanout. The absolute best biscuits and gravy come from an easy Sausage Gravy made from scratch with ground pork and seasonings.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food buttermilk sausage gravy recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com