Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, daikon & carrot namasu. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Daikon (大根, literally “big root”) or Daikon Radish is a widely used root vegetable in Japanese A type of winter vegetable, daikon is characterized by its long white root and green leaves on top. Dashing Daikon Botanical name: Raphanus sativus var. Daikon radish is popularly used in Asian and Indian cooking and known for its potent medicinal properties.
Daikon & Carrot Namasu is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Daikon & Carrot Namasu is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have daikon & carrot namasu using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Daikon & Carrot Namasu:
- Prepare 10-15 cm Daikon
- Take 1-2 Carrot
- Take 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Prepare 2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- Make ready 1 tablespoon Sugar
Daikon is available in grocery stores year-round. A long white crunchy vegetable from the radish family, daikon is similar in appearance to fresh horseradish but packs a lighter peppery punch similar to watercress. Simmered Daikon (Daikon Fukumeni) is just a daikon cooked in a light soy-based broth. Home » Sides » Simmered Daikon (Daikon Fukumeni).
Instructions to make Daikon & Carrot Namasu:
- Slice Daikon and Carrot into 2 to 3mm thin strips. I usually use a slicer. If you cut by knife, slice them diagonally 2 to 3mm thin, then cut into 2 to 3mm strips.
- Sprinkle small amount of salt and massage, rest for a while, then drain and squeeze to remove excess salty water.
- Mix Vinegar, Sugar and Salt, add vegetables and mix well. Set aside for about ten minutes to let it well seasoned. Sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds on top and serve.
- Quick Method:
- Using vegetable peeler, slice Daikon and Carrots into thin ribbons.
- Mix Vinegar, Sugar and Salt, add vegetables and mix well. Sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds on top and serve.
From Japanese 大根 (daikon, “big root”). IPA(key): /ˈdaɪkɒn/. daikon (plural daikons or daikon). An East Asian cultivar or subspecies of radish (Raphanus raphanistrum subsp. sativus, syn. Daikon is a radish that also produces edible microgreens. You can grow daikon like most root vegetables, in a garden bed outdoors or in a planter or pot indoors.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food daikon & carrot namasu recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com