Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, tofu and asparagus in teriyaki sauce. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Print Vegetarian Tofu and Asparagus Recipe. Add the tofu into the skillet with the veggies and pour the reserved teriyaki sauce over top. Cook a few minutes more, stirring often, until the sauce has thickened and evenly glazes the entire stir-fry.
Tofu and Asparagus in Teriyaki sauce is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Tofu and Asparagus in Teriyaki sauce is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have tofu and asparagus in teriyaki sauce using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Tofu and Asparagus in Teriyaki sauce:
- Make ready Teriyaki sauce
- Make ready 0,5 Tbsp brown sugar
- Get 3,5 Tbsp soy sauce
- Take 4 Tbsp water
- Make ready 0,5 Tbsp sushi vinegar
- Get 2 Tbsp honey
- Make ready 1 tsp garlic
- Make ready 0,5 tsp sesame oil
- Take 1 tsp starch (+1 tsp water)
- Prepare Other
- Make ready 1 pc tofu
- Take 200 g baby asparagus
- Make ready 250 g rice
- Get 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Prepare Sesame seeds
Crispy tofu nuggets are baked (not fried!) and smothered in sticky sweet and savory teriyaki sauce. Serve with rice and steamed veggies for a knock-your-socks-off vegan meal. Loaded with flavor, the crispy tofu and asparagus make for a nice contrast with the intense pepper and the salty-sweet soy sauce. Finally, drizzle several tablespoons of teriyaki sauce over the tofu and turn off the heat.
Instructions to make Tofu and Asparagus in Teriyaki sauce:
- Whisk together low-sodium soy sauce, water, honey, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, rice vinegar and sesame oil.
- Bring mixture to a light boil over medium-high heat. Whisk together cornstarch with water, then add to sauce mixture in saucepan. Reduce heat slightly and allow to boil 30 seconds – 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, cover and set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add asparagus and saute until tender, about 4 – 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp oil in skillet, add tofu. Cook on first side about 2 minutes then flip and cook on opposite side until cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Add in asparagus, pour in teriyaki sauce and toss everything to evenly coat. Serve warm over white or brown rice, garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
Teriyaki sauce has sugar in it, which will cause the sauce to burn quite easily in high heat. That’s why I do this final step with the heat off and let the residual heat from the pan warm up the sauce. Mix soy sauce, water, oil and seasonings. Cube the tofu, then add to marinade. Remove and set on a paper towel to drain.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food tofu and asparagus in teriyaki sauce recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com