Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, guinness stout beef stew. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Guinness Stout Beef Stew is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Guinness Stout Beef Stew is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
Nothing speaks comfort like a good beef stew. Variations of beef stew are found around the world and a few famous examples include France’s Boeuf Bourgignon, Hungary’s Goulash, and Belgium’s Carbonnade à la Flamande (recipe to come). The first one is simmered in wine, the second generously seasoned with paprika, and the third simmered in beer.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have guinness stout beef stew using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Guinness Stout Beef Stew:
- Prepare 1 – 2 lbs beef chuck (fattier mix)
- Get 3 carrots
- Make ready 2 potatoes
- Take 2 stalks celery
- Prepare 1 tall can Guinness beer
- Take 2.5 cups chicken stock
- Make ready 4-5 sprigs thyme
- Prepare 2 bay leaves
- Take 1 Tsp sugar
- Take 4 srips bacon (cut into small pcs)
- Prepare 1 piece Spam (cut into small pcs)
- Get 2 whole onions
- Make ready 1/4 Cup tomato paste
- Prepare 4 cloves garlic
Of course, it’s a must for St Patrick’s Day, which here in Boston is a huge celebration!. You can serve this stew for Sunday lunch and then, late in the day, try some of startcooking.com’s Irish Bread with Irish Coffee. The fresh ingredients you will need to make this stew are garlic, onion, carrots. Vegetable oil, flour, salt and pepper, and a pinch of cayenne: You will need these ingredients for coating your beef.
Steps to make Guinness Stout Beef Stew:
- Render fat from bits of bacon and spam, till brown and crisp. Transfer to pot and leave 1 tbsp of grease in pan. (Medium High Heat)
- Use pan to brown beef cubes (tossed in salt & pepper) in high heat and transfer beef to pot
- Turn heat to medium and sweat onions (with salt) for 5 mins then add in minced garlic and cook for 1 min, careful not to brown. Then deglaze with 1 can of Guinness Stout Beer and cook for 2 -3 mins on medium heat.
- Transfer to pot, add tomato paste, thyme, freshly ground black pepper, carrots, bayleaf, celery & lastly, chicken stock to cover top of all the ingredients. Rise heat to high till simmering then reduce to low heat.
- Simmer stew gently for 2 hours. Option to add in potatoes later to avoid turning mushy & cayenne powder for taste
Coarsely chopped large onions and a large garlic clove, chopped: I used sweet onions, but brown or white onions will work just as well. This beef and Guinness stew is super easy to make with some bacon, stewing beef, Guinness Stout, and vegetables. It’s the perfect stew to make on a cold day. Or make it for your St. Guinness Stout adds bold flavor to this hearty beef stew.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food guinness stout beef stew recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com