Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, chilli chicken wraps. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chilli Chicken Wraps is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Chilli Chicken Wraps is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chilli chicken wraps using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chilli Chicken Wraps:
- Get 3 medium Chicken Breasts
- Prepare 1 bunch Spring Onions
- Prepare 1 Thumbsize fresh Ginger
- Take 3 clove Garlic
- Get 2 Bird eye chillies
- Get 4 tbsp Honey
- Make ready 1 dash Vinegar or Lemon juice
- Prepare 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Make ready 1 Fresh ground salt & pepper
- Take 150 grams Cream cheese or sour cream
- Prepare 1 Family size sweet leaf salad
- Get 6 medium Pitta breads
Instructions to make Chilli Chicken Wraps:
- Roughly chop spring onions, ginger, garlic & chilli then pulse in food processor with the oil, vinegar (or Lemon juice is better) and 1tbsp of the honey.
- Alternatively, finely chop and mix by hand.
- Add the rest of the honey then season and taste until you are happy with the sweet/salt balance. Adding the rest of the honey at this point stops everything from blending so easily in the processor and turning into mush. You want more of a chutney than a sauce.
- Feel free to adjust the heat levels too. Different chillis have different heats but I find bird eye to be quite consistent. Golden Cayennes work really well with this dish.
- Dice the chicken into roughly 1 inch chunks and marinade in the mixture (I tend to put it in the processor jug to save on washing up!) If the chicken is partly frozen and you use scissors, this bit is crazy easy.
- At this point you can let it sit for as long as you want to marinade but I recommend at least an hour. This gives you time to divide up the salad, and cream cheese between two plates and toast the Pitta breads. You can easily make your own salad if you wish. Grated carrot, Grated white cabbage, julienned cucumber and peppers are great with some fresh salad leaves.
- Now all you need to do is heat a decent frying pan with a little oil ready for the chicken.
- If you can, drain the chicken from the marinade and reserve whatever you drain (you can leave most of the marinade on the chicken but there should be some runny juice that has settled)
- Add the chicken to the pan and keep stirring now and again until the spring onions have given up all their juice and everything starts to become sticky.
- At this point, add the reserved marinade juice to the pan and stir through. You want it to caramelise a nice golden brown so just let it sit 20 seconds and give it a toss. It should be golden underneath. Repeat until relatively even in colour but don’t burn it!
- Share out the chicken and eat! I find it best to spread some cream cheese inside the Pitta, add a good amount of chicken then top up with the salad.
- Enjoy =) This marinade works really well for barbecuing too. Also, there should be what I like to call Chilli chutney left in the pan when you scrape the chicken out. Nice caramelised chunks of marinade stuck together. Don’t waste it! Get it in the pittas. Or better still, get a spinach leaf, put a small dollop of cream cheese in along with a dollop of the chutney. Roll up and eat!
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food chilli chicken wraps recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com