Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, okonomiyaki. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Okonomiyaki (literally means ‘grilled as you like it’) is a savory version of Japanese pancake, made with flour, eggs, shredded cabbage, meat/ protein and topped with a variety of condiments. Okonomiyaki o-konomi-yaki is a Japanese savory pancake containing a variety of ingredients. The name is derived from the word okonomi.
Okonomiyaki is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. Okonomiyaki is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have okonomiyaki using 25 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Okonomiyaki:
- Prepare Batter:
- Get 120 g Unbleached All Purpose Flour,
- Make ready Pinch Sea Salt,
- Prepare Pinch Granulated Sugar,
- Take Pinch Baking Powder,
- Take 160 g Nagaimo / Japanese Yam Grated,
- Prepare 180 ml Daishi,
- Prepare 1/2 Cup Tenkasu / Tempura Scraps,
- Prepare 1/2 Inch Ginger Grated,
- Make ready 4 Eggs Light Beaten,
- Make ready 740 g Japanese Cabbage Finely Shredded,
- Get Shichimi Togarashi / Japanese 7 Peppers, Pinch
- Take Sauce:
- Make ready 1.5 TBSP Granulated Sugar,
- Prepare 2 TBSP Oyster Sauce,
- Make ready 4 TBSP Tomato Ketchup,
- Take 3.5 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce,
- Prepare Pinch High Quality Wasabi,
- Get Assembly:
- Get Canola / Peanut / Vegetable Oil, A Few Drizzle
- Take 8 Slices High Quality Chicken Bacon,
- Make ready Nori Flakes, For Toppings
- Take Kewpie Mayo, For Toppings
- Get Scallions Coarsely Sliced, For Toppings
- Take Bonito Flakes, For Toppings
Okonomiyaki – Japanese savoury pancake containing loads of shredded cabbage topped with egg, meat and bonito flakes. Eat with sweet sauce and mayonnaise! Okonomi means “how you want it,” and an okonomiyaki is one of the world’s most infinitely adaptable dishes. The shredded or chopped cabbage in the base is a given, but beyond that, you can add.
Instructions to make Okonomiyaki:
- Prepare batter. – – In a large bowl, add flour, salt, sugar and baking powder. – – Mix until well combined. – – Add in yam and incorporated well. – – The mixture should comes together like a dough.
- Gradually add in dashi while still mixing. – – Mix until well combine making sure no large lumps. – – You can pass the batter thru’ a fine sieve. – – Cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hr.
- While waiting for the batter to set, prepare the sauce. – – In a small bowl, combine everything together. – – Set aside in the fridge until ready to use. – – After 1 hr, prep the batter.
- Add in tenkasu, ginger and eggs. – – If you can’t find tenkasu, you can simply just deep fried up some batter. Tenkasu is just tempura scraps or leftover. – – Mix until well combined. – – Lastly fold in the cabbage and Shichimi Togarashi until fully incorporated.
- Assemble the okonomiyaki. – – In a skillet over medium heat, drizzle some oil. – – Once the oil is heated up, add in the batter. – – I am making 8 inch okonomiyaki in which the batter will fill up my skillet.
- You can make smaller ones by dividing the batter into 4 equal portions. – – Gently shape the batter into a round disc. – – Add strips of bacon on top of the batter.
- Cover the skillet and cook for 5 mins. – – Once bottom is lightly charred, confidently flip the batter. – – It is okay if it is messy. Use a spatula to coax into a round disc again. – – Cover and cook for another 5 mins.
- Once bottom is lightly charred, flip onto serving plate. – – Brush the sauce onto the okonomiyaki. – – Sprinkle nori flakes over the top. – – I dislike my okonomiyaki with lots of mayo, so I just dollops them over the top.
- If you prefer, you can squeeze mayo all over the top in a zig-zag motion. – – Lastly, sprinkle some bonito flakes and scallions over the top. – – Repeat the steps for the remaining okonomiyaki. – – Serve immediately and enjoy how the bonito flakes dance.
Okonomiyaki – お好み焼き – is a savory Japanese pancake made with a light but substantial batter You see, okonomiyaki has a tradition of being topped with okonomi sauce, Japanese mayonnaise. With a history as rich as its flavor, Japan’s “pancake/pizza/crepe/omelette” will fill you up and ensure you come back for more. Okonomiyaki (���D�ݏĂ�) is a popular pan-fried dish that consists of batter and cabbage. Selected toppings and ingredients are added which can vary greatly (anything from meat and seafood. Okonomiyaki(お好み焼) is a Japanese cabbage-based savory pancake. “Okonomi（お好み）” literary means “Whatever How to make Okonomiyaki!!!!
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food okonomiyaki recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com