Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, potato skins. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Potato Skins is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. Potato Skins is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
Brush or rub olive oil all over the potato skins, outside and in. Place on a baking rack in a roasting pan (don’t use a cookie sheet, it will warp, use a roasting pan or broiler pan that can take the heat). Sprinkle the inside lightly with salt.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have potato skins using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Potato Skins:
- Prepare Potatoes
- Prepare Oil for frying
- Make ready Shredded cheese(I like to do a mix of cheeses, use what you like, or have on hand)
- Prepare Cooked crushed bacon or bacon bits
- Take Sour cream
- Get Chives/ green onions
Sprinkle bacon and cheddar cheese inside skins. Classic potato skins are delicious baked potatoes in the palm of your hand, but there are other flavors you can incorporate. Mexican: You can substitute Mexian chorizo sausage instead of bacon and add black beans. Chili: You can use a spoonful of chili instead of bacon on the skins.
Instructions to make Potato Skins:
- Take whatever potatoes you want to use and wash them up, (Will be cutting potatoes in half so one potato will make two potato skins)
- Poke potatoes with a fork, and bake the potatoes until done…
- Cut potatoes in half, let cool off, until you can touch them without burning yourself…(notice my fork marks I made, is also where I will be cutting them in half at.)
- Scoop out the middle of the potatoes, make sure you leave some on the edges and don’t go all the way down to the skin.
- Freeze all potatoes must be frozen before frying them.(make sure none of them are touching)
- When ready to cook pre heat oil and you will be baking these in the oven on boil for a few mins so if you want to pre heat the oven too… (if you don’t like using the boiler can set on 350 bake until cheese is melted)
- Fry all the potatoes skins, till golden brown, or as crunchy as you like, may need to flip them over in the oil and move them around, don’t overcrowd the pot, cook in batches, drain off oil when removing from oil and place on paper towels/ coffee filters or wire rack (make sure when place the skins side is facing up, does no good it’s sitting on the skin like a boat to holding the oil)
- After all potatoes are fried to your liking, add the cheese, place them on a cookie sheet, bake or boil in oven until cheese has melted
- Latest step, top skins with sour cream, cooked bacon crumbs/ bacon bits, and green onion/ chives top with some more cheese…
- Notes- Do whatever with the potatoes after scooping them out, don’t waste it.. I topped it with butter 🧈 salt pepper, and sour cream, for my kids, I have one that doesn’t do sour cream… kids are always wanting to eat lol. I have even made a small amount of mashed potatoes, for when I made these ahead of time and I use the mashed potatoes for dinner that night… it’s a win win and no waste.
Can Potato Skins Be Made Ahead of Time. If I am making a recipe that needs cooked potatoes (like Loaded Mashed Potato Cakes or Twice Baked Potato Casserole) I simply bake the potatoes and scoop out the flesh. Freeze the empty shells on a baking pan and then once frozen, stack them in a freezer bag. (Save the scooped potatoes for another use, like potato pancakes or soup.) Set the oven to broil. Return the wedges to the foil-lined baking sheet. Paint a bit of bacon fat on each, then top with cheese and bacon.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food potato skins recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com