Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, crockpot potato topped swiss steak. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Crockpot Potato Topped Swiss Steak is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Crockpot Potato Topped Swiss Steak is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
Kitchen, Dining Accessories & More Delivered To Your Door. Household Essentials, Groceries & More Delivered. Slice onions and arrange in bottom of the slow cooker; top with seasoned beef.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook crockpot potato topped swiss steak using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Crockpot Potato Topped Swiss Steak:
- Make ready 2 lbs boneless round steaks
- Take 1 large chopped sweet onion
- Make ready 1 cup water
- Prepare 2 beef bouillon cubes
- Get 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Take 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Get 1 can diced tomatoes
- Take 1 can sliced carrots-drained
- Prepare 2 pkg brown gravy mix
- Prepare 2 pouches instant potatoes your choice of flavor
You can make this meal even easier when you learn how to freeze rice. You will need round steaks, if you can’t find them you can use a top round roast or a bottom round roast.; Cut that roast into thick slices. Make a dredge for the meat by adding flour, salt and pepper to a large plate. Coat the meat on both sides and transfer to a plate.
Instructions to make Crockpot Potato Topped Swiss Steak:
- Place steaks, onion, water, beef bouillon cubes, onion powder, crushed red pepper flakes, and the can of diced tomatoes into crockpot. Cook on high for 3 hours. Meat should be fork tender.
- Take meat out of crockpot and cut into bite size pieces. Return meat to crockpot and add the can of carrots (drained) and the 2 pkg of brown gravy mix. Continue to cook for 2 more hrs on low.
- Prepare instant mashed potatoes as per directions on pouches. I usually use the garlic and herb flavored packets.
- Once instant potatoes are prepared put spoonfuls of the potatoes on top to the steak mixture right in the crockpot. Turn crockpot on warm until ready to serve. If desired you can add some shredded cheese on top.
Browned round steak is tossed in a slow cooker with vegetables, seasonings, and tomato juice and cooked until the meat is tender. Heat the oil in a skillet, then coat the steak with flour and brown in the oil. Remove the steak from the skillet and drain. Place the potatoes, carrots and onion in the bottom of the Crock-Pot. Place the steak on top of the vegetables and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food crockpot potato topped swiss steak recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com