Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, chicken shawarma in pita bread. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
A mouth watering Grilled chicken shawarma with Lebanese style pita bread recipe for you. Make it and satisfy your cravings. #HappyCookingToYou Written. This recipe for chicken shawarma—thinly sliced meat wrapped in pita bread with veggies and sauce—is the ultimate Middle-Eastern on-the-go meal.
Chicken Shawarma in Pita Bread is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Chicken Shawarma in Pita Bread is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken shawarma in pita bread using 31 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Shawarma in Pita Bread:
- Get For Shawarma
- Get 300-350 g boneless (thigh or breast) chicken sliced
- Get For Marination
- Make ready 1/2 cup yoghurt
- Take 2 teaspoon vinegar
- Prepare 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Prepare 1 Garlic clove crushed
- Make ready 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon red paprika (adjust)
- Take 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Get 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Get For Shawarma sauce
- Make ready 1/2 cup Tahini (homemade or store-bought)
- Get 1 garlic cloves crushed
- Take 1 tablespoons yoghurt
- Get 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Take For Pita Bread
- Get 1 cup warm water
- Prepare 2 teaspoon instant yeast
- Make ready 3 cups all purpose flour
- Make ready 2 teaspoon salt
- Get 2 teaspoon olive oil
- Prepare For Assembling Shawarma in Pita Bread
- Make ready 1 onion thinly sliced
- Get 1 cucumber sliced
- Get 1/4 cups chopped parsley
- Get 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- Prepare 1 de seeded tomatoes thinly sliced
- Take as required Lettuce leaves (optional)
- Take as needed Pickles (optional)
We all know I have a deep love affair with Mediterranean food and this Chicken Shawarma Stuffed Pita situation is making me want to hop on a flight and jet off for a vacay! To Serve, divide pita bread between plates, spread with yoghurt sauce, top with salad, cucumber and chicken. This homemade chicken shawarma recipe is always in the list of my signature recipes. It’s super aromatic, full of exotic spices, and when wrapped in pita It’s often served with pita bread, lots of vegetables, and a sauce of choice.
Instructions to make Chicken Shawarma in Pita Bread:
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients mentioned under Marination section. Add sliced chicken and coat well.Cover and Refrigerate for 12-14 hours
- In a large saucepan, cook chicken with Marination over medium heat until done. Do not overcook
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the sauce. In a small bowl, mix tahini, crushed garlic, lemon juice and yoghurt. Set this aside
- For Pita Bread
- In a bowl, add flour. Make 2 wells, add yeast and salt in each. Gently mix
- Add warm water and oil. Knead for 8-10 minutes into smooth dough. Coat dough with little olive oil.Cover and rest for 2 hours
- Gently deflate the dough and turn it over lightly dusted flour surface
- Divide the dough into equal portions. Roll each portion into roti
- Heat tawa, cook on both sides. Pita bread will puff up nicely
- To Assemble
- In a large bowl, add onions, tomatoes and cucumbers. Sprinkle lemon zest, salt and pepper. Add parsley and pickles. Mix well. Set aside
- Place enough chicken on pita bread so that it covers 1/4 of pita bread. Add the veggies and pour some prepared tahini sauce over it. Roll the bread and Shawarma in Pita Bread is ready
- Serve warm with Falafel/Salad or Hummus
I guess it became famous thanks to the cool spinning griller, where. Chicken shawarma – cook around the globe. I often associate memories with food (or food with Open the pita bread to create a pocket. Put some tarator sauce, chicken, tomatoes, onion slices, coriander and baked chips in it. So, I discovered Chicken Shawarma at our favorite little restaurant in Appleton called Chicago Grill.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food chicken shawarma in pita bread recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com