Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, vegan shepherd’s pie. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Vegan Shepherd’s Pie is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Vegan Shepherd’s Pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook vegan shepherd’s pie using 16 ingredients and 23 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Vegan Shepherd’s Pie:
- Make ready 500 g rinsed, 12h-soaked green&brown lentils*
- Make ready 1500 g water
- Get to taste salt & pepper
- Make ready 1 large white onion ca.175g
- Get 4-6 garlic cloves ca.20g
- Get 3-4 carrots ca.200g
- Make ready Olive oil (or vegan butter)
- Prepare 4 sprigs fresh thyme or 1½tsp dryied thyme
- Get 2420 g diced potatoes (came from a packet of 3kg)
- Prepare salted water (e.g. 2tbsp of smoked salt)
- Make ready 260 g cashews
- Make ready 340 g water (e.g. reuse potato water)
- Prepare herb salt
- Make ready ground pepper
- Prepare ground nutmeg
- Prepare or the equivalent in jarred precooked lentils
Instructions to make Vegan Shepherd’s Pie:
- Rub 27x36cm casserole with raw garlic clove, grease with vegan butter or olive oil (a spray is easiest)
- Boil lentils in 1.5 l of water for 40min (or use 2x 660g glas jars of lentils)
- Or cook lentils w/out soaking in thermomix
- If termomix available: add 500g lentils, tbsp veggie broth powder and 1.5l water; program 100°C for 40min reverse speed 1. Done 🙂
- Lentils into casserole
- Add salt & pepper to please your taste
- Mince garlic (in tmx at speed 7), onion, carrots (tmx 5) and sautee with thyme in olive oil (tmx varoma speed 1 for 3min)
- Add garlic etc to lentils in casserole and combine everything
- Let heat up and simmer at low temperature
- Grind pepper over lentils if desired
- Peal off knobbly parts of potato. I often leave a large amount of skin on because I like it. Choose what you prefer.
- Dice potatoes and start boiling salted water in pot
- When water is boiling add the potatoes, cover with lid and set timer for 15 minutes
- During cooking time you will need to lessen heat so potatoes don’t boil over
- Preheat 220℃ oven
- Potatoes need to be very soft for mashing, and if done, pour out water (keep it for making cashew cream)
- Potatoes back into pot, lid on and now blend cashews with water at highest speed for 90 seconds
- Start mashing up potatoes, add cashew cream (depending on type of potato you might not need all of the cream) and a dab of butter. Add salt, nutmeg and pepper to your taste.
- If using separate frying pan, transfer thickened lentils to casserole. Lentils are the base layer
- Top with mashed potatoes
- Into oven for 10-15 minutes until mash is a bit browned at peaks
- If lentils are a bit liquidy you can use hot-air oven, then please turn down to 200℃
- As I have left the peal on half of the potatoes, you can see specks of it in the baked potato crust of this just out-of-the-oven delicious shepherd’s pie
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food vegan shepherd’s pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com