Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, hummus and pita bread. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Transfer to a cutting board and cut into wedges. Place the bowl on a platter and. How to make Hummus at home?
Hummus and Pita Bread is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Hummus and Pita Bread is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have hummus and pita bread using 1 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Hummus and Pita Bread:
- Get All Purpose Flour, Plain Flour, Instant Dried Yeast, Olive Oil, Boiled Chickpeas, Sesame Seeds, Green Chillies, Black pepper Powder, Garlic, Vinegar/Lemon
Bake pita breads as per instruction on the package and cut them in halves. Lastly, sprinkle your pita pockets with pomegranate seeds and chopped. Add some Lebanese with an Indian twist to your breakfast! Get a hold of this lovely ragi pita bread recipe and pair it with dewy soft hummus.
Steps to make Hummus and Pita Bread:
- Soak the Chick peas overnight, or if you want to make it lesser time then soak it in boiling hot water then pressure cooker it for around 12 whistles, then Darin the chickpeas, allow it to cool, don’t throw the water of the chickpeas.
- Take a mixer jar add the boiled chickpeas, add green chilli just a little don’t make it spicy because hummus does not have spicy taste it’s very mild in taste and even you can skip the green chillies usually in restaurant it’s not added, add bit of black pepper powder, Garlic, (For Jain hummus skip garlic) add Salt, 1 or 2 TSP vinegar / lemon as per your taste how tangy you require, now slowly slowly add the chickpeas water which was left while boiling, add sesame seeds and make a smooth paste
- For Pita Bread, Take 1 Cup of warm water, add 1tsp of sugar, 1/2 TSP of Dried Yeast and rest it for 15 mins, let the Yeast get reacted properly.
- Now take 2 Cups of Refined Flour, 3/4 Cup of Wheat Flour, Add 2tbsp of olive oil, add the Yeast water and make a soft roti dough, rest it for 1 hour atleast or till it gets double in size.
- Now take a tawa, make medium size thick rotis like shown in the image, make rotis and keeo it for rest for 15 to 20 mins so that it will rise up and cover it with damp cloth, now after 15 to 20 mins cook the pita bread on a tawa without oil, it will rise up automatically just slightly press it with spatula to puff it do not puff it like a roti on gas, puff it on the tawa only.
- Serve your pita bread and hummus with some salads with vinegar in it.
Hummus with pita bread and fresh vegetables, top view. Hummus healthy eastern creamy lunch served with pita, paprika and parsley. Hummus, mediterranean chickpea and tahini dip. As Pita, Hummus & Tahini are used in different ways in the cuisine, I decided to make them as a sampler. Pita is a soft and hollow bread made with wheat flour in varying round and oval sizes based on its usage.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food hummus and pita bread recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com