Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, chicken kabsa. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken kabsa – Turn your next dinner into a feast with this Arabian style chicken and rice. Spiced grilled chicken and flavorful rice makes this the ultimate choice for any special occasion. Chicken Kabsa recipe is a chicken and rice dinner that is full of Middle Eastern flavors.
Chicken kabsa is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. Chicken kabsa is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have chicken kabsa using 26 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken kabsa:
- Prepare 2 tbsp butter
- Get 4 tbsp olive oil
- Take 1 cup onioms diced
- Take 1 cup fresh diced tomatoes
- Take 1 cup diced green pepper
- Make ready 2 peeled and grated carrots
- Get 1 kg chicken thighs and legs with bone in
- Make ready 2 green chilli
- Make ready 3 garlic cloves minced
- Make ready 4 bay leaves
- Make ready 4 tbsp tomato puree
- Get few black pepper corns
- Make ready 1 dried lime
- Get 1 and half cinnamon stick
- Take 3 cups basmati rice
- Make ready 2 tbsp jannahs kabsa spice blend
- Prepare for the kabsa side sauce
- Make ready 2 tbsp olive oil
- Make ready 1/2 medium onion
- Prepare 1 medium tomato
- Make ready half green pepper
- Take 1 garlic clove
- Prepare 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Get large pinch of cumin
- Prepare large pinch of mint
- Prepare broth from the chicken
Kabsa is made of chicken that is slowly simmered in a spicy broth of tomatoes and spices. This chicken is then removed and either fried or grilled while the broth is used to cook the rice. Chicken kabsa is a traditional spiced rice dish originating from Saudi Arabia. Famous for a good reason: rich chicken flavor, fragrant spice, sweetness from shredded carrots and raisins.
Steps to make Chicken kabsa:
- In very large a pan add the oil and butter over a medium heat and add the minced garlic and onions and sautee for a few minutes add salt and black pepper to taste cook till oniond turn golden and transparent
- Add the chopped tomatoes and green pepperand sautee for 3 to 4 minutes till they have cooked down a little
- Add the kabsa spice and mix for 1 minute till all ingredients are mixed well.
- Add the chicken pieces skin side down on top of the tomato and oniom mixture make sure the meat gets a good colour you can add a little more oil if needed at this stage add the green chilli and the tomato puree and mix till covered for 1 minute
- Add the grated carrot and add 4 to 5 cups of water and add the whole spices I.e peppercorns cinnamon sticks bay leaves and mix together bring to the boil and then cover and simmer on a low heat for 20 to 30 minutes till chicken is cooked (tip we dont want the meat falling of the bone)
- After 25 to 30 minutes remove chicken from the stock chicken must be tender add to a oven proof dish and place the chicken in the oven and bake till chicken gets a nice golden colour and skin is crispy
- Measure 5 cups of stock threw a sieve but reserve the vegetable from the stock and place to one side also reserve half a cup of stock for the sauce mix later
- Add to a very large pot the reserved vegetable mixture I.e the onions,tomatoes, chilli and carrot add to the pot and add 3 cups of washed basmati rice and mix
- Add 5 cups of the sieved stock to rice and veg mixture and bring to the boil once boiling lower thr heat and simmer and cover the pot for 18 to 20 mind or till rice has fully cooked
- Chicken shoukd be golden and crispy by now
- Prepare the side sauce for the rice in a food processor blend the tomatoes and peppers and onion till smooth
- In a saucepan heat the oil qnd add the tomato paste abd chilli and cook for q few minutes to get the acid out the tomato paste
- Add the tomato and onion and pepper mixture to the pan and mix and cook for a few minutes
- Add a large pinch of cumin and dried mint and mix and had half cup of the reserved broth from the chicken earlier mix and simmer till you get a good consistency like a soup mixture then set aside in a serving bowl
- The rice is now cooked so now assembled the kabsa fluff up the rice on a serving dish add the chicken in a decorative way on top of the rice if you wish you can toast sum almonds and scatter on top and serve the rice along side the tomatoes sauce bon appetite
Kabsa is a traditional Saudi rice dish. Chicken Kabsa Recipe can be made with many variations. Kabsa and Majboos are similar rice dishes popular in the Gulf countries especially Saudi Arabia. Chicken Kabsa. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Chicken kabsa is an Saudi Arabian dish of fragrant basmati rice cooked with chicken in aromatic Chicken Kabsa.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food chicken kabsa recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com